Arizona Diamondbacks vs San Francisco Giants Matchup Preview - September 30th, 2022

Editor

The Arizona Diamondbacks (72-84) will battle the San Francisco Giants (78-78) on Friday night. Oddsmakers peg the Giants as the slight favorite with an implied win probablity of 54%, leaving the D-Backs with a 46% chance to record a win. Based on the current odds the D-Backs have an implied team total of 3.34 compared to 3.66 for the Giants.

Arizona Diamondbacks Insights

  • Merrill Kelly has averaged 18.4 outs per start this year, ranking in the 92nd percentile.

  • Christian Walker has been hot recently, bashing 4 homers over the past 14 days.

  • The Arizona Diamondbacks bullpen grades out as the 3rd-worst in the league, according to The Sharp Model.

San Francisco Giants Insights

  • Alex Cobb has utilized his change-up 5.4% more often this year (42.3%) than he did last season (36.9%).

  • Mike Yastrzemski is an extreme flyball hitter and matches up with the strong outfield defense of Arizona (#1-best on the slate).

  • Austin Slater has a 95th percentile opposite-field rate on his flyballs (37.9%) and has the good fortune of hitting them towards the league's 2nd-shallowest RF fences today.

Betting Trends

  • The San Francisco Giants have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Team Total Over in 44 of their last 74 games at home (+12.80 Units / 15% ROI)

  • Merrill Kelly has hit the Strikeouts Over in 16 of his last 22 games (+10.60 Units / 41% ROI)