San Francisco Giants @ Colorado Rockies Matchup Preview - September 20th, 2022

Editor

The San Francisco Giants (70-77) will battle the Colorado Rockies (64-83) on Tuesday night. Oddsmakers peg the Rockies as the slight favorite with an implied win probablity of 52%, leaving the Giants with a 48% chance to record a win. Based on the current odds the Giants have an implied team total of 5.61 compared to 5.89 for the Rockies.

San Francisco Giants Insights

  • John Brebbia will hold the platoon advantage against 6 opposing hitters in this game.

  • The Colorado Rockies have just 1 same-handed RP in their bullpen, so Mike Yastrzemski has a strong chance of never losing the platoon advantage against the 'pen all game.

  • Today’s version of the Giants projected lineup is missing some of their usual firepower, as their .306 THE BAT X wOBA is considerably below their .317 overall projected rate.

Colorado Rockies Insights

  • Kyle Freeland's fastball velocity has decreased 1.1 mph this year (89.8 mph) below where it was last year (90.9 mph).

  • Extreme groundball batters like Brendan Rodgers tend to perform better against extreme flyball pitchers like Tyler Rogers.

  • The Colorado Rockies bullpen projects as the 10th-best in Major League Baseball, per THE BAT.

Betting Trends

  • The Colorado Rockies have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Total Under in 15 of their last 26 games (+5.00 Units / 18% ROI)

  • The San Francisco Giants have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Total Over in 63 of their last 128 games (+4.10 Units / 3% ROI)

  • Brendan Rodgers has hit the Hits Under in his last 7 games (+7.50 Units / 54% ROI)