Sharp App: Data-Driven Sports Betting Tools & AI Prop Modeling
  • Login
  • Sign up

Jets vs Browns Betting Trends, Odds, and Insights - December 28th, 2023

Editor

The New York Jets will face off against the Cleveland Browns in an exciting NFL matchup on Thursday at 8:15 PM ET. The game will take place at FirstEnergy Stadium, the home stadium of the Cleveland Browns.

Both teams will be playing on short rest, having played their last game just four days ago. This tight turnaround gives them less time to prepare and recover their strength for the upcoming game.

The Jets have had a tough season, struggling to meet their preseason expectations. Their record stands at 6-9, highlighting their struggles on the field. In contrast, the Browns have exceeded expectations this season with a record of 10-5. They have been on a hot streak, winning their last three consecutive games.

The Jets come into this game with a recent road losing streak, having lost their last three away games. However, they managed to secure a win in their last game against the Washington Commanders, triumphing with a score of 30-28. On the other hand, the Browns are riding high on their recent success, coming off a 36-22 victory against the Houston Texans.

The last time these two teams met was in Week 2 of the 2022 season, resulting in a thrilling game that was decided by a single field goal. The Jets emerged victorious, defeating the Browns with a score of 31-30.

As the Browns are playing at home, they are considered the favorites in this matchup. The odds suggest that they have a 76% chance of winning, while the Jets have a 24% chance. The initial spread opened with the Browns favored by 7 points and has since moved to Browns -7.5, indicating a slight shift in favor of the Browns.

While these numbers may seem small, in the world of sports betting, even a half-point movement can be significant. It will be interesting to see how this game unfolds, with the Browns looking to continue their winning streak and the Jets aiming to pull off an upset on the road.

Overall, this Thursday night game promises to be an exciting clash between two teams with different fortunes this season. Football fans and sports bettors alike will be eagerly watching to see how these teams perform under the lights at FirstEnergy Stadium.

Jets Insights

  • The Jets may rely on the pass game less in this contest (and hand the ball off more) given that they be forced to use backup QB Trevor Siemian.

  • As it relates to defensive ends getting after the quarterback, Cleveland's DE corps has been one of the most skilled this year, projecting as the best in the NFL.

  • The Browns pass defense has excelled when opposing RBs have gotten into space, allowing an average of 5.27 yards-after-the-catch (YAC) this year: the 3rd-fewest in the NFL.

Browns Insights

  • The projections expect Jerome Ford to be a much bigger part of his offense's run game in this week's game (51.2% projected Carry Share) than he has been this year (40.5% in games he has played).

  • Joe Flacco's pass-game efficiency has been refined this year, averaging 6.91 adjusted yards-per-target compared to just 5.66 mark last year.

  • The Cleveland Browns have ranked among the least efficient passing offenses in the league this year (#29 overall), averaging a paltry 6.07 adjusted yards-per-target.

Betting Trends

  • The Cleveland Browns have hit the Moneyline in 7 of their last 9 games at home (+7.20 Units / 41% ROI)

  • The New York Jets have hit the Game Total Under in 7 of their last 11 away games (+2.60 Units / 21% ROI)

  • Amari Cooper has hit the Receiving Yards Over in 7 of his last 8 games at home (+5.95 Units / 66% ROI)

Offers

There are no promotional offers available for the selected region.

More NFL

TOP NFL PRIZEPICKS PLAYER PROP BETS FOR THE 2024 NFL SEASON

TOP NFL PRIZEPICKS PLAYER PROP BETS FOR THE 2024 NFL SEASON

Top Props - NFL SUPER BOWL

Top Props - NFL SUPER BOWL

The Game Plan with The Geek and Statsational NFL Super Bowl Prop Bets

The Game Plan with The Geek and Statsational NFL Super Bowl Prop Bets

Statsational Super Bowl LVIII Bets

Statsational Super Bowl LVIII Bets

Super Bowl LVIII Bets

Super Bowl LVIII Bets

Statsational 2023 NFL Championship Game Power Rankings Super Bowl Projections

Statsational 2023 NFL Championship Game Power Rankings Super Bowl Projections

See More