Sharp App: Data-Driven Sports Betting Tools & AI Prop Modeling
  • Login
  • Sign up

Bengals vs Chiefs Betting Trends, Odds, and Insights - December 31st, 2023

Editor

In an exciting matchup, the Cincinnati Bengals will be taking on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday. With a scheduled kickoff at 4:25 PM ET, both teams will be looking to finish their respective seasons on a high note.

The Bengals will have an extra day of rest, which can be advantageous as it gives them more time to prepare and recover their strength for the game. On the other hand, the Chiefs will have one less day of rest, which could potentially impact their preparation and recovery.

The Bengals have had a challenging season, falling short of their preseason expectations. Currently, they hold a record of 8-7. However, they have shown improvement in recent weeks, winning three out of their last four games.

The Chiefs, with a record of 9-6, have also faced some difficulties. Interestingly, despite being a powerhouse at home in the past, they enter this game on a three-game losing streak at Arrowhead Stadium.

In their previous game, the Bengals suffered a defeat at the hands of the Pittsburgh Steelers with a score of 34-11. Meanwhile, the Chiefs were upset by the Las Vegas Raiders, losing 20-14. This loss was unexpected, especially considering the Chiefs were an 11-point favorite with an 82% chance of winning.

The last time these two teams met was in the 2023 playoffs, adding extra significance to this matchup and making it a revenge game for both sides. The Chiefs emerged victorious in their last encounter, securing a 23-20 home win over the Bengals in a closely contested game that came down to a single field goal.

The Chiefs are currently favored at home, with the odds suggesting they have a 72% chance of winning, while the Bengals have a 28% chance. The initial spread opened at Chiefs -8 but has since moved to Chiefs -6.5, indicating a substantial shift. This movement through a key number is rare and could signify sharp action on the Bengals by sportsbooks.

As the game approaches, both teams will be aiming to end their seasons on a positive note. The Bengals will look to continue their recent success, while the Chiefs will strive to break their home losing streak and regain their dominance at Arrowhead Stadium. It promises to be an exciting clash between these two teams with playoff implications on the line.

Bengals Insights

  • When talking about run-blocking (and the importance it has on all ground game statistics), the offensive line of the Cincinnati Bengals ranks as the 9th-worst in football last year.

  • Tanner Hudson's 85.8% Adjusted Completion% this season conveys a noteable improvement in his receiving talent over last season's 69.1% rate.

  • The Chiefs pass defense has struggled when opposing TEs have gotten into space, allowing an average of 5.33 yards-after-the-catch this year: the 9th-most in the NFL.

Chiefs Insights

  • The Kansas City O-line profiles as the 7th-best in the NFL this year in protecting the quarterback, which has a strong impact on all passing attack stats across the board.

  • Travis Kelce has put up significantly fewer air yards this season (57.0 per game) than he did last season (67.0 per game).

  • The Chiefs have ranked among the leading passing offenses in football this year (#2 overall), notching an exceptional 282.0 adjusted yards per game through the air.

Betting Trends

  • The Kansas City Chiefs have scored first in 12 of their last 20 games (+0.05 Units / 0% ROI)

  • The Cincinnati Bengals have covered the 1H Spread in 6 of their last 11 away games (+0.45 Units / 4% ROI)

  • Noah Gray has hit the Receiving Yards Over in 9 of his last 11 games (+6.65 Units / 53% ROI)

Offers

There are no promotional offers available for the selected region.

More NFL

TOP NFL PRIZEPICKS PLAYER PROP BETS FOR THE 2024 NFL SEASON

TOP NFL PRIZEPICKS PLAYER PROP BETS FOR THE 2024 NFL SEASON

Top Props - NFL SUPER BOWL

Top Props - NFL SUPER BOWL

The Game Plan with The Geek and Statsational NFL Super Bowl Prop Bets

The Game Plan with The Geek and Statsational NFL Super Bowl Prop Bets

Statsational Super Bowl LVIII Bets

Statsational Super Bowl LVIII Bets

Super Bowl LVIII Bets

Super Bowl LVIII Bets

Statsational 2023 NFL Championship Game Power Rankings Super Bowl Projections

Statsational 2023 NFL Championship Game Power Rankings Super Bowl Projections

See More