San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies Matchup Preview - September 22nd, 2022

Editor

Thursday the San Francisco Giants (72-77) will battle the Colorado Rockies (64-85). Oddsmakers peg the Giants as the slight favorite with an implied win probablity of 51%, leaving the Rockies with a 49% chance to record a win. Based on the current odds the Giants have an implied team total of 5.82 compared to 5.68 for the Rockies.

San Francisco Giants Insights

  • The San Francisco Giants infield defense profiles as the worst of all teams today.

  • The Colorado Rockies have just 1 same-handed RP in their bullpen, so Mike Yastrzemski stands a good chance of holding the advantage against every reliever all game.

  • The San Francisco Giants project for the most runs of all teams today, via The Sharp Model X.

Colorado Rockies Insights

  • Jose Urena is an extreme groundball pitcher (48.6% GB% per The Sharp Model projections), which should make him somewhat immune to the dangers of pitching in Coors Field — the #3 HR venue among all parks — today.

  • Sean Bouchard is an extreme flyball batter and matches up with the weak outfield defense of San Francisco (#3-worst of all teams on the slate today).

  • The Colorado Rockies projected batting order today (.290 projected wOBA according to The Sharp Model X) projects quite a bit worse than their .311 wOBA this year.

Betting Trends

  • The Colorado Rockies have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Total Under in 17 of their last 28 games (+7.00 Units / 23% ROI)

  • The San Francisco Giants have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Total Over in 67 of their last 136 games (+3.80 Units / 3% ROI)

  • German Marquez has hit the Pitching Outs Over in 19 of his last 24 games (+12.75 Units / 40% ROI)