Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres Matchup Preview - October 14th, 2022

Editor

Friday the Los Angeles Dodgers (1-1) will battle the San Diego Padres (1-1). Oddsmakers peg the Dodgers as the slight favorite with an implied win probablity of 53%, leaving the Padres with a 47% chance to record a win. Based on the current odds the Dodgers have an implied team total of 3.88 compared to 3.62 for the Padres.

Los Angeles Dodgers Insights

  • Tony Gonsolin was on point in his last outing and allowed 1 ER.

  • Miguel Vargas has primarily hit in the back-half of the lineup this year (91% of the time), but he is projected to hit 5th on the lineup card in this matchup.

  • Projected catcher Austin Barnes projects as an elite pitch framer, via The Sharp Model projection system.

San Diego Padres Insights

  • Blake Snell has been given more leash than the typical pitcher this year, throwing 7.0 more adjusted pitches-per-game than average.

  • Austin Nola's exit velocity on flyballs has declined this year; his 91.9-mph mark last year has dropped off to 88.4-mph.

  • The San Diego Padres bullpen grades out as the 7th-best in Major League Baseball, via The Sharp Model.

Betting Trends

  • The San Diego Padres have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Total Under in 40 of their last 73 games at home (+11.40 Units / 14% ROI)

  • The Los Angeles Dodgers have hit the Run Line in 94 of their last 158 games (+24.75 Units / 13% ROI)

  • Manny Machado has hit the Hits Over in 35 of his last 60 games (+8.35 Units / 8% ROI)