Sharp App: Data-Driven Sports Betting Tools & AI Prop Modeling
  • Login
  • Sign up

Arizona Diamondbacks @ San Francisco Giants Matchup Preview - August 17th, 2022


The Arizona Diamondbacks (53-63) will battle the San Francisco Giants (59-57) on Wednesday night. Oddsmakers peg the Giants as the favorite with an implied win probablity of 66%, leaving the D-Backs with a 34% chance to record a win. Based on the current odds the D-Backs have an implied team total of 2.88 compared to 4.12 for the Giants.

Arizona Diamondbacks Insights

  • Zach Davies's fastball velocity has jumped 1.3 mph this year (88.7 mph) over where it was last year (87.4 mph).

  • Carson Kelly is an extreme flyball batter and faces the weak outfield defense of San Francisco (#1-worst on the slate).

  • The Arizona Diamondbacks bullpen profiles as the 5th-worst in MLB, according to THE BAT.

San Francisco Giants Insights

  • Carlos Rodon has been given a longer leash than the average pitcher this year, throwing 7.0 more adjusted pitches-per-game than the average starter.

  • LaMonte Wade Jr. has primarily hit in the top-half of the lineup this year (73% of the time), but he is projected to bat 9th in the batting order in this matchup.

  • Austin Slater has a 93rd percentile opposite-field rate on his flyballs (37.1%) and has the good fortune of hitting them towards MLB's 2nd-shallowest RF fences today.

Betting Trends

  • The San Francisco Giants have hit the 1st Five Innings (F5) Total Over in 55 of their last 109 games (+9.20 Units / 8% ROI)

  • The Arizona Diamondbacks have hit the Run Line in 58 of their last 99 games (+15.50 Units / 12% ROI)

  • Jake McCarthy has hit the Hits Over in 13 of his last 16 away games (+8.90 Units / 32% ROI)


There are no promotional offers available for the selected region.



Anthony P's MLB Model September 25, 2023

Untitled Image

Top Props - MLB September 25, 2023


Rangers vs Angels Betting Trends, Odds, and Insights - September 25th, 2023


Padres vs Giants Betting Trends, Odds, and Insights - September 25th, 2023

Untitled Image

Mitch's MLB Bet of the Day | September 25, 2023


Astros vs Mariners Betting Trends, Odds, and Insights - September 25th, 2023

See More